Khamis, 28 Jun 2007

menarilah!

Salaam..

Sebenarnya semasa menaip posting ini, perasaan saya bercampur-baur dgn 1001 emosi.. mungkin kerana saya semakin dimakan usia.. barangkali juga sebab saya masih belum bersedia meninggalkan kenakalan remaja.. tapi saya kongsikan jua dek maksud memberitahu apa yg tersirat di minda dan yg tersurat di dlm buku The 101 Habits of Highly Successful Screenwriters oleh Karl Iglesias ms. 204-205 berikut:

There's an old folk tale about a young woman who wanted to be a dancer. One day she learned that the greatest dancing teacher of all time was to pass through her small town, so she practiced in the hope she could impress him. When the day arrived, she managed to be introduced to him and she asked, "Oh, wise teacher, would you tell me if I have what it takes to be a great dancer?" The man asked her to dance for him, and she danced like she'd never danced before. It was her greatest performance yet. But unimpressed after only 30 seconds, the man said she didn't have the talent and that she should quit!

Devastated, the young woman ran to her home in tears, threw her dancing shoes in a trunk and forgot about being a dancer. She got married, became a housewife with children, and led a happy life for 20 years, until she had a chance meeting with the same dancing teacher. She couldn't help asking him how he knew within 30 seconds that she didn't have it? He responded, "I couldn't tell, but if you quit so easily because I told you to, then you weren't a real dancer!"

Bottom line? If you're passionate about your goal, nothing will stand in your way, no nay-sayers, no statistics, no experts! If someone tells you will never make it, if they try talking you out of it by listing all the logical reasons you should quit, you keep going, more determined than ever, because you love it and it has meaning to you!

I Hope You Dance - Lee Ann Womack
I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small when you stand by the ocean
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance.. I hope you dance
I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Living might mean taking chances but they're worth taking
Lovin' might be a mistake but it's worth making
Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter
When you come close to selling out.. Reconsider
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance (Time is a real and constant motion always)
I hope you dance (Rolling us along)
I hope you dance (Tell me who)
I hope you dance
(Wants to look back on their youth and wonder)
(Where those years have gone)

Tiada ulasan: